Saturday, June 20, 2009

To go where some men, and women, have gone before!

I am going to attempt to climb Mt Elbrus. The purpose of this blog is to report on my thoughts and experiences leading up to, and hopefully during, the climb. I am new to blogging and can't help but feel like William Shatner making an entry in the Captain's Log. I will pause now to offer the split V "live long and prosper" hand sign popularized by the Vulcans of the same series.

Though I am not going "where no man has gone before," I am most certainly going where this man has never gone before. If you look at it that way there can be adventure in the most mundane endeavors; A Hemp Festival, that new dry cleaner, or an H&R Block open house might all qualify. Look at you!

Though in this case, there is nothing mundane about where I am going. Mt Elbrus is in Russia, it is the highest summit in Europe, and I will have twelve days to reach the top. Afterwards, I will take a night train to St Petersburg to recoupe and take in the culture for 5 days.

So I'd like to share as much of this as possible. I'd also like to see your thoughts and comments as I blog away. Let's do this together. Let's "make it so!"

No comments:

Post a Comment